Beta Carotene Mixed Carotenoid Complex: Vitamin A helps reduce sebum production.
Balanced Zinc Complex: Zinc is important in the healing process. Also involved in the proper metabolism of testosterone, which is part of the sebum production cycle.
Clear Skin Complex: A blend of targeted botanicals, key minerals, and fat-soluble antioxidant carotenoids in a base of digestion-boosting probiotics to help reduce the occurrence of blemishes.
Clear Skin Oil: Dominant in anti-inflammatory omega 3, this oil also contains a range of fat soluble antioxidants including vitamin E and carotenoids plus phytosterols and flavonoids for the health and maintenance of cellular integrity and membrane fluidity.
Natural Vitamin E 400iu: Helps in the transport and utilisation of vitamin A and supports and activates selenium.
Selenium: An important antioxidant nutrient that functions in the enzyme glutathione peroxidase. This enzyme is very important in preventing the inflammation of acne.
Also look at a clean diet rich in vitamins, minerals essential fatty acids and plenty of water.
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots, oily skin and sometimes skin that's hot or painful to touch.
Symptoms of acne
Acne most commonly develops on the:
- face – this affects almost everyone with acne
- back – this affects more than half of people with acne
- chest – this affects about 15% of people with acne
There are 6 main types of spot caused by acne:
- blackheads – small black or yellowish bumps that develop on the skin; they're not filled with dirt, but are black because the inner lining of the hair follicle produces colour
- whiteheads – have a similar appearance to blackheads, but may be firmer and will not empty when squeezed
- papules – small red bumps that may feel tender or sore
- pustules – similar to papules, but have a white tip in the centre, caused by a build-up of pus
- nodules – large hard lumps that build up beneath the surface of the skin and can be painful
- cysts – the most severe type of spot caused by acne; they're large pus-filled lumps that look similar to boils and carry the greatest risk of causing permanent scarring