Viridian Liquid B12 50ml
Vegan Liquid Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient which contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
This vegan liquid formulation is made using a natural fermentation process and includes both methyl and adenosylcobalamin. These 2 different forms are at varying stages of metabolism and are required and used for different processes in the body.
Formulated in a base of glycerine, (sourced from coconuts) for easy absorption, Liquid B12 features 100% active ingredients with no artificial fillers and no nasties. Liquid B12 is sourced according to Viridian’s strict ethical criteria including no animal testing, GMO or palm oil.
Simply use the pipette to drop straight into the mouth or under the tongue to use sublingually. Alternatively, add to smoothies or cold drinks.
- Two key forms of vitamin B12.
- Great tasting liquid.
- No fillers, binders, preservatives or artificial additives.
About Viridian's B12 Liquid.
Vitamin B12 and its deficiency syndrome, pernicious anaemia, was recognised and described as early as 1855. Vitamin B12 is a bright red crystalline compound because of its high content of cobalt. Vitamin B12 works with folic acid in many processes, including the synthesis of DNA, red blood cells, and the myelin sheath (surrounding nerve cells). Cyanocobalamin is a form most often used in vitamin supplements due to its stability. This form can be metabolised in the body into the active coenzyme forms, Methylcobalamin and Adenosylcobalamin (Dibencozide).
Vitamin B12 for ANXIETY and DEPRESSION
– nervousness and anxiety may be associated with vitamin B12 deficiency . Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause depression, especially in the elderly . Vitamin B12 is needed for the production of tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4), an essential coenzyme requiredforthemanufactureofneurotransmitterssuchasdopamineandserotonin. The supplementation of folic acid and vitamin B12 stimulate the production of BH4.
Vitamin B12 for HYPER HOMOCYSTEINEMIA
– approximately 20-40% of patients with heart disease exhibit elevations in homocysteine, a factor known to be responsible in the progression of atherosclerosis and osteoporosis.
Vitamin B12 for NEUROPATHY
– vitamin B12 has been used with some success in treating neuropathy although it is not clear if this because of a correcting of a deficiency state or the normalisation of the deranged vitamin B12 metabolism.
Vitamin B12 for MALE INFERTILITY
– since vitamin B12 is critically involved in cellular replication, a deficiency leads to reduced sperm counts and sperm motility. Even in the absence of vitamin B12 deficiency, supplementation is worthwhile in men with sperm counts less than 20 million per millilitre or a motility rate of less than 50%.
Vitamin B12 for TINNITUS
– a significant number of patients with tinnitus or noise-induced hearing loss have been found to have vitamin B12 deficiency. This effect would appear to be due to changes in neurological function within the auditory system.
Vitamin B12 for SLEEP DISORDERS
- Interestingly, vitamin B12 also influences melatonin secretion. Low melatonin status ma y be due to low B12 levels. Vitamin B12 intake of 1. 5mg / da y has produced good results in the treatment of sleep-wake rhythm disorders, through improved melatonin secretion.