Soul Nutrition CoQ-10 100mg 60 Caps
Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, is a naturally occurring substance and an essential component of the mitochondria – the energy producing unit within our cells. CoQ10 is involved in the production of ATP, the energy molecule.
The benefits of CoQ10 centre around energy production and for its benefits as an antioxidant. CoQ10s antioxidant effects reduce lipid peroxidation and assist vitamin E in protecting cell membranes and lipids such as cholesterol from oxidation.
- CARDIO-PROTECTIVE – CoQ10 has demonstrated significant clinical improvements in various types of cardiovascular disease such as; cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, angina, arrhythmias, mitral valve prolapse, and hypertension. Deficiency of CoQ10 within the myocardium may explain much of this improvement.
- ENERGY PRODUCING – due to CoQ10’s role in the kreb’s cycle it is essential for energy production, aerobic capacity, and muscular performance. At 60mg/day over 4-8 weeks CoQ10 has been found to work capacity and work load, maximal oxygen consumption, and oxygen transport. CoQ10 has also been shown to be beneficial in cases of muscular dystrophy and myopathy.
- ANTIOXIDANT – As a lipid protecting antioxidant, CoQ10 helps protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation. Recent research suggests that it is also beneficial in neurological disorders as it has been discovered that Parkinson’s disease patients have decreased levels of CoQ10 within platelet mitochondria. The antioxidant protective effects of CoQ10 have also been found to stimulate the healing of gastric ulcers.
- IMMUNE SUPPORTING – the immune system is a highly energy dependent process and requires many nutrients for its maintenance including CoQ10. Studies suggest that CoQ10 may help to prevent or reverse the immunosuppression associated with ageing or chronic disease. CoQ10 has shown efficacy in reducing tumour size and reducing metastasise.
- BLOOD SUGAR REGULATING – CoQ10 levels have been shown to be low in diabetes. It is thought that Q10’s role in the electron transport chain may affect carbohydrate metabolism. Studies have indicated that a dose of 120mg administered over a 4-5 month period demonstrated a 30% reduction in fasting blood sugar levels.
- PERIODONTAL DISEASE – the healing and repair of periodontal tissue requires CoQ10 and in fact gingival biopsies have revealed low levels in 60-96% of periodontal disease patients. Research using 50mg of CoQ10 in periodontal disease has shown impressive results including ‘extraordinary post-surgical healing’.
- FERTILITY – sperm production and function are high energy processes with CoQ10 required within the kreb's cycle for such processes. Research has shown that as little as 10mg of Co Q10 resulted in considerable sperm count and motility in infertile men.