Harnessing the well-documented healing properties of Turmeric with superior absorption, BetterYou's Oral Tumeric Spray has been honoured at one of the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies.
This new and innovative oral spray has been voted ‘Best New Health and Nutrition Product’ in the Natural and Organic Awards 2017, after being unveiled at this year’s Natural and Organic Products Europe Show.
Utilising the science of molecular encapsulation, BetterYou’s Turmeric Oral Spray guarantees superior absorption to tablets, through its unique delivery mechanism which bypasses the digestive system.
Turmeric is notoriously poorly absorbed within the gut, with researching showing around only 1% being absorbed through the digestive system.
This pioneering formulation ensures a greater uptake of the three active curcuminoids, with growing evidence of numerous health benefits including anti-inflammatory properties and a high antioxidant capacity that helps to reduce radical damage in the body.
This innovative process ensures the turmeric remains soluble, delivering it directly into the bloodstream via the soft tissue in the mouth.
Using natural ingredients, the orange flavoured formulation bypasses the digestive system through the inner cheek.
The unique formulation uses Cyclodextrin Encapsulation to increase bioavailability, improve taste and reduce staining.
Andrew Thomas, founder and managing director of BetterYou said: “We are thrilled that our new Turmeric Oral Spray has been recognised by voters as the Best Health and Nutrition Product.
“Turmeric is not water soluble and therefore has poor bioavailability.
“Our Turmeric Oral Spray delivers superior absorption by enhancing solubility and bypassing the digestive system, guaranteeing unbeatable uptake of active curcuminoids through a simple yet effective daily oral spray.”
So What does Turmeric do?
- ANTIOXIDANT – The active constituent known as curcumin has been shown to protect against free radical damage to DNA. Turmeric and its derivatives have been shown to raise the body’s own antioxidant systems through increasing glutathione levels.
- ANTI-CANCER – studies show a cancer-preventing action of curcumin. In one of these studies, curcumin effectively inhibited metastasis (uncontrolled spread) of melanoma (skin cancer) cells. This effect is likely to be due to its antioxidant activity in the body. The protective effects of turmeric and curcumin occur at all steps of cancer formation: initiation, promotion, and progression.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – Curcumin reduces inflammation by lowering histamine levels and by increasing production of natural cortisone by the adrenal glands. A preliminary trial in people with Rheumatoid Arthritis found curcumin to be somewhat useful for reducing inflammation and symptoms such as pain and stiffness. A separate double-blind trial found that curcumin was superior to placebo or phenylbutazone (a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug) for alleviating post-surgical inflammation.
- LIVER PROTECTIVE – Curcumin protects the liver from a number of toxic compounds, and has been shown to be an active choleretic, increasing bile acid output by over 100%. Curcumin also aids in the excretion of cholesterol, bilirubin, and increases solubility of bile.
- CARDIO-PROTECTIVE - curcumin has been shown to reduce platelets from clumping together, which in turn improves circulation and may help protect against atherosclerosis
- DIGESTIVE TONIC – turmeric and curcumin improve gastric integrity through increasing mucin content of the stomach, thus protecting against ulcer formation.