Yesterday I shared a long blog I had written some years ago but decided a shorter version was probably a better idea...so here it is. Since I am treating several people with long covid at present, it seems very relevant.
Similarities between Long Covid and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Both are complicated conditions but have many similar symptoms and can have the same cause, starting with a virus.
One of the most debilitating symptoms of this illness is persistent fatigue (exhaustion) that affects everyday life and doesn’t go away with sleep. Other issues can include 'brain fog', memory problems, pains, enlarged lymph nodes, and breathlessness.
Reflexology can help with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long Covid by improving the general health of a sufferer. It does this by stimulating the 7,000 nerve endings on each foot and in doing so it can:
• Help regulate sleep patterns. Constant sleepiness is common but good quality restorative sleep is often lacking in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Long Covid
• Release built up tension and stress allowing the body to heal naturally
• Improve blood and lymph circulation and thus also help in ridding the body of toxins
• Help balance the endocrine system
• Improve the digestive system and therefore the uptake of nutrients
I have found that in addition to Reflexology a combination of other complementary treatments such as Tissue Salts, Homoeopathic remedies, Vitamin and Minerals work wonderfully well.
As a qualified Homoeopath I often advise about Tissue Salts . An example and a Tissue Salt I use a lot with people suffering Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Long Covid is Kali Phos 6x. Kali Phos is a brain and nerve tonic and really well indicated for:
• burnout, poor concentration and memory problems
• total exhaustion both physical and mental
• generally weakness in the nerves and muscles hence pain or numbness
• helping to regulate sleep patterns.
I hope you have found this helpful. If you would like to book a Reflexology session or have a chat about this please give me a call on 07989 940162, message me below or email me at email@example.com
Or to contact me through my website Click Here
Written by Anne Rosser - Reflexologist